Sunday, 20 September 2015

boots of dreams & long awaited update

Sooooooo hello again!

I'm not going to ramble on as to why this is my first blog post in 5 months but I do owe a short explanation: I've had a lot going on the past 6 months at home so I decided to take a small hiatus on my blog, it was only supposed to be for 2 months but 2 months turned into 3 and then 3 turned into 4 and here we are, 5 whole months later!

However, I've come to realise that writing this blog is a hobby for me and something I'm really passionate about so I shouldn't just drop it so easily despite other things going on.

A lot has happened in the past few months too, I graduated with a 2:1 in German from University and have started working part time in a department store as a Personal Shopper whilst I stay at home with my family for the time being whilst figuring out what to do with my life (being a grown up is scary!!)



I'm going to try and get back into regular posting and thought there was nothing better to post about in my first blog post in 5 months than the boots of dreams!

Skirt - ASOS, Top - Miss Selfridge, Boots - ASOS

Animal prints are HUGE this AW and I am just so in love with anything snake print at the minute! I adore these 60s style ankle boots from ASOS in this gorgeous snake print, hence the name boots of dreams (insert heart eyes emoji here). They're super comfy and surprisingly easy to pair with things - they're a match made in heaven with anything rust (total dream for me!). This skirt is THE infamous denim skirt from ASOS which they've now done in about 7-8 different colours. It's so comfy, flattering and just hits the 70s trend on the head perfectly. Lace up tops are still everywhere and I love this one from Miss Selfridge, it's a tee shirt style which makes it a lot more casual and gives it more of a relaxed feel which is exactly what I've been looking for in a lace up top as I don't always want to have to wear a blouse or bodysuit style as I find them too dressy sometimes. I'd definitely recommend it as it's so easy to wear with anything and only £16!

What are your views on animal print shoes?

xoxo







8 comments:

  1. Aw, welcome back! Congrats on graduating and ahh, those BOOTS! I personally shy away from animal prints because I don't know how to style them, but I'm in love with the pair you're wearing!

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's always great to find something cheap and nice on ASOS! You remind me of another UK blogger, Megan, do you know her?? :D you two have the same hairstyle too!!

    Stylekooky.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know who you mean! I love her, think her blog is great! :) thanks x

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read and reply to them all and I really appreciate your kind words! Feel free to leave your own blog link in your comment and I'll definitely check it out xx