Monday, 19 January 2015

how to: Kylie Jenner lips


Kylie Jenner's lips were the talk of 2014 and she started a craze for fuller lips and nude lipsticks, like the one she's wearing in the picture above.

I adore a nude lip and it's my favourite to wear, so versatile and simple. I've been wearing a similar lip to the one pictured a lot over the past few months as I can't get enough of it.




To get Kylie Jenner's lips, all you need is Mac lip liner in Soar and Mac lipstick in Velvet Teddy. I'm 99% sure these are the products Kylie uses, if not, they're extremely close and gorgeous products. I always prep my lips with Vaseline whilst applying my face make up, particularly in Winter, as I'm prone to dry and cracked lips. The lip liner Soar is a dark pinky nude shade and a beautiful creamy texture and is available to buy for £12.50. The lipstick is part of Mac's matte collection and applies smoothly and thick to give excellent long-lasting coverage, you can purchase this for £15.50 at Mac stores and major department stores.

Firstly, I lined my lips with the liner making sure to not make much of a dip around my cupid's bow. If you notice, Kylie doesn't have a big dip round her cupid's bow and this gives the illusion of a fuller top lip. I also add more shading around the cupid's bow and to the middle of my bottom lip to create the image of fuller lips.


I then proceed to fill in my lips with Mac's Velvet Teddy, which is pretty self explanatory. This is the end result:




As someone who doesn't have the biggest of lips and am always yearning for fuller ones, these little tricks ensure that I can create the illusion that I so desperately want without even having to consider fillers! 

What lipsticks are you currently loving?

xoxo


17 comments:

  1. Those Kardashians are the queens of makeup tricks! I love Kylie, she's such a cool chick and I love her with fuller lips. You've nailed it! I have tiny lips but I don't know if bigger ones would suit me.:(

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely! They have skills! :) thank you! I thought that too but got really hooked on the trend! x

      Delete
  2. I love mac matte lipsticks, my favourite at the minute is honeylove. This was a very helpful post, I really want the lipliner x

    lilacfumes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love honey love as well, it's another gorgeous nude! Thanks :) x

      Delete
  3. I'm loving this look too! I have quite full lips so I am welcoming the opportunity to show them off!

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very jealous of you haha, I'm obsessed with this trend at the minute! x

      Delete
  4. cool pictures AND you are beautiful Dear!
    Love the mac lipstick and color looks pretty on you <3

    Kiss from Swiss,
    Kira

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a big fan of Kylie! Been looking for posts like this! Thank you!

    xx Emma, www.ouvrirlabouche.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, glad I could help! :) x

      Delete
  6. Lip liner is one the must have items!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm recently wearing lip liner as well, they make your lips so much better ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. cheap ugg boots sale online,only need 59.8$ and free shipping to your hand, don't miss it http://www.classicugg.org
    UGG Bailey Button 5803 Boot Sand
    UGG Bailey Button 5803 Boot Navy
    UGG Bailey Button 5803 Boot Red

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read and reply to them all and I really appreciate your kind words! Feel free to leave your own blog link in your comment and I'll definitely check it out xx