Monday, 16 June 2014

the no make up make up




The no make up make up look seems to be everywhere at the minute and I decided to give it a go! It's a lovely feeling knowing you're stepping out the house with a very nearly fresh face! I love the dewy look this look gives and think it's perfect for Summer, especially in hot weather if you still want to wear a little bit of make up!

I started by applying Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer all around my eye area to get rid of any dark circles and make my eyes seem more awake. I love this concealer as it needs minimal blending into the skin and is super light and creamy.

I then used Garnier Skin Perfector BB Cream as a base for my face. This particular BB cream is oil free which is great for people with oily/combination skin, such as myself. It contains SPF 20 for sun protection and is a great solution for anyone looking for a foundation, primer and moisturiser all in one. 

For my eyes I applied a couple of coats of Rimmel Day 2 Night Mascara using the volumising brush for my top lashes and lengthening for the bottom. I've really warmed to this mascara over the past few months after slating it at first, I love the lengthening brush for a lighter look. I then filled my eyebrows in with the Urban Decay Brow Box in Honey Pot, I find a powder eyebrow kit much softer than a pencil and this is my favourite eyebrow kit to use.

I then applied a light coat of No.7 Perfect Light Loose Powder across my t-zone to set my make up in place for the day. This is my all time favourite powder and you'll rarely catch me using anything else. It's perfectly light and keeps your make up set allllllllllllll day.

I then brushed some of the Rimmel Natural Bronzer across my temples, cheek bones and jaw line to contour and create a sun-kissed effect on my skin. I then used Models Own Blusher in Cheeky Pink which is a bright popping pink colour which is also perfect for using as a highlighter. I put this on the apples of my cheeks for a pop of colour to my face. I was wary of this colour at first but it's such a gorgeous colour for Summer and when applied lightly creates a lovely subtle powder pink. 

Finally, I applied my favourite nude lipstick at the minute, L'Oreal Paris Colour Riche Collection Privée Lipstick in Barely Greige by Cheryl Cole. This lipstick is a gorgeous beige nude and gives a subtle shine and blends in so well to my natural lip colour. Extremely subtle and perfect for the no make up make up look.

Have you tried out any no make up make up looks yet?

xoxo

P.S. this is my 100th post on my blog, how quick has time gone?!




9 comments:

  1. Beautiful!
    This look leaves your face looking radiant!
    xo Holly xo

    HollyDolly. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty, natural look! I guess the no makeup look is my everyday look ha! I like natural makeup.

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Me too most the time! :) x

      Delete
  3. You look so pretty! The no makeup makeup thing is so confusing for me, I love my big eyeliner!
    x Justina//abentpieceofwire.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I found the whole trend quite daunting too at first as I'm not very confident with minimal make up on and hardly ever go without winged liner!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking you kind of blog from a long time finally I got your blog thanks you due to you blog I go so many help for my blog http://www.guruofmovie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your make up here, so pretty!

    Ally
    x

    http://itisalltherage.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read and reply to them all and I really appreciate your kind words! Feel free to leave your own blog link in your comment and I'll definitely check it out xx