Friday, 4 April 2014

March Beauty Favourites

L-R (top to bottom): Olay Essentials Complete Care Night Cream £4.99, Rimmel Natural Bronzer £5.99, No.7 Stay Perfect Eyeliner in Brown £6.50, L'Oreal Manga Mascara £8.99, Rimmel Apocalips in Nude Eclipse £6.49, Models Own Hed Kandi Nail Polish in Hedonist £5.00, Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce Texturising Spray £6.99

As we're into April now, which I cannot believe has come around so quickly, I thought it'd be the perfect time to do my March Favourites. Does anyone else think this year is just flying so far?!

I've been loving a lot of different products at the minute but narrowed them down to these few. I've only recently got into using night cream and the Olay Essentials one has converted me to a night cream enthusiast (I am aware how incredibly sad that sounds!) I really don't know how I managed without one. This has left my face feeling much fresher when I wake up and has definitely helped reduce oiliness. It can be used on all skin types and has left my skin feeling smooth and refreshed. I apply a small bit every night before I go to bed and let it do it's magic! It's at the cheaper end of the spectrum so if you're looking to try out a night cream for the first time, I'd definitely recommend this!

I've been loving this Rimmel Natural Bronzer as it's not shiny. I don't really like bronzers which leave too much of a glow on your face, when blusher is added too, I find it all a bit too much. However, this Rimmel one is light and it matches my skin colour perfectly. I'm quite fair but this hasn't looked too dark for me which I tend to find with bronzers. It applies really nicely and leaves a smooth and contoured finish to the face.

I've been attempting to channel Sky Ferreira's eye make up recently and as a result, I've ended up using this No.7 brown eye liner a lot more. I've had it a while but never really used it much but it's becoming my favourite eye liner more and more. It's long lasting and is a beautiful natural brown colour. Worn alone, it provides a natural look. However, when paired with a matte brown eye shadow and a black eye liner, it creates the perfect grungy smokey eye.

I won't go into the L'Oreal Manga Mascara too much as I did a review on it in my previous post which you can check out here. I think this is a great invention with the flexible brush and it's a great price too. I love L'Oreal, so it's no surprise that I loved this product.

I'm not usually a fan of lip glosses but I love the Rimmel Apocalips collection. This colour is a perfect nude colour suitable for every day wear. The consistency is light and not sticky at all! It's not amazingly long lasting on the lips but I don't think many lip glosses are! Nude lip glosses are also a thing I don't come across very often so I was super happy when I found this in my local Boots!

I got this Models Own Hed Kandi nail polish in Hedonist at the Clothes Show Live 2012 in a special offer that Models Own had on their gift pack. It's an electrifying neon orange/pink shade which goes onto your nails matte, then dries shiny. It's a gorgeous shade for Spring/Summer as it's so bright. I usually use 2 coats but it applies so well that one coat would probably be enough. 

Finally, possibly my favourite hair product of all time. This is a great dupe for the Oribe and Bumble & Bumble equivalents at over half the price. If you're looking for a messy bed head look, I'd really recommend this. Since I got my hair cut shorter, I've wanted it to look a little more messy and tousled and have been using this to get the desired effect. Just spray it into the roots of sections of your hair then tousle your fingers through it and flip your hair over to style it however you want. If you like smooth looking hair, this product isn't for you but if you are looking for a bed head look, try this and I promise you won't be disappointed.

What were you loving in March?

xoxo


9 comments:

  1. In march, I loveed Schmidt's Deodorant in Lavender + Sage and Hudston's Stuff Facial Cleansing Pads. Love the color of that Model's Own polish as well!

    vanitytalkbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds lovely! Will have to check the deodorant out! I love lavender :) xx

      Delete
  2. Bronzer is my favourite, however, I guess I only put makeup on only once a week lol Since it is super hot in Bangkok atm <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine! When the weather gets warmer over here, I'll definitely be reducing what I wear, it just slides off in the heat and feels so heavy on my face! xx

      Delete
  3. I'm a huge fan of Bumble & Bumble, too. It's ultra strong and fixes my hair perfectly! Lovely products, dear!

    ✿ www.sugarpopfashion.com ✿

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I really think the year is going by so fast!! Nice favorite list, I'm gonna try the brown eyeliner thing!
    Have a nice day Hannah! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Definitely, I'm finding it really great at the minute and a lot less harsh when I do it lightly round my eyes :) you too Marta xx

      Delete
  5. This brand is liked by indian actress see there list on http://guruofmovie.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read and reply to them all and I really appreciate your kind words! Feel free to leave your own blog link in your comment and I'll definitely check it out xx