Monday, 17 March 2014

Style Inspiration: Sky Ferreira


In celebration of Sky Ferreira's long awaited debut album being released in the UK today, I thought I'd do a post featuring her edgy style. If you haven't heard of Sky Ferreira before, she's a 21 year old American singer/songwriter who's currently supporting Miley Cyrus on her Bangerz tour in the US. Her sound is synthpop/indie rock and her style is matching. I've been a Sky fan for nearly 5 years now so I'm so so excited that her debut album has finally been released in the UK after years in the making. It's called Night Time, My Time and is available to buy now.

Anyway, back to fashion. I love Sky's style, I think it suits her so well and fits with her music perfectly. It's quite grungy and she's not afraid to try out more daring pieces, something I admire. I selected a few high street picks which reminded me of Sky's style and that I would also love to buy myself!

L-R (top to bottom): leather look jacket £44.99 - New Look, cream mesh mini dress £25 - Topshop, denim jacket £55 - Urban Outfitters, yellow and blue kaleidoscope jumper £15.93 - Romwe, Vagabond lace up ankle boots £90 - Office, black pleated skirt £25 - Topshop


I adore every single one of these items and think they could all be mixed and matched together e.g. the cream dress, leather jacket and boots would make a really cool, untypical SS14 look. I love wearing certain boots in Spring/Summer with dresses and these ones are a pair I certainly would incorporate into my Summer wardrobe.

Who's your style inspiration at the minute?

xoxo




21 comments:

  1. Great picks love! ;)

    Diana
    www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com /www.MISBoutique.storenvy.com/
    New Blog post: [Inspiration] 7 Steps to Conquer Your Closet This Spring
    Previews Blog Post: [Outfit Idea] Craving Spring

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has such a cool, grungey style! My #1 style icon will always be Vanessa Hudgens. :)

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Vanessa Hudgens style, so boho chic! xx

      Delete
  3. I am a fan of your blog hope some one will like my indian blog http://guruofmovie.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great!!

    No te pierdas el post de hoy en mi blog que viene con sorpresita! :)

    NUNCA ES DEMASIADO ROSA (BLOG)
    FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your picks dear, especially the sweatshirt.. so amazing and fashionable :) How about following each other via GFC/Bloglovin'/Instagram/FB page? I would love to :) just let me know on my blog and I'll make sure to follow back asap! Have a nice day babe xx
    Isotta
    Red Velvet | Bloglovin' | Instagram | Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check out your blog now, thanks!xx

      Delete
  6. i've never heard of her before but i do like her style in those photos...she looks like a cross between Cara Delevingne and Taylor Momsen! lovely blog btw i'm going to follow on bloglovin now :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I love both of those too as well! x

      Delete
  7. I love Sky so much, her character is very unique <3

    Also her music is really really great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's amazing! Always love the way she looks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post!
    I'm following you, hope you do the same if you like our blog! :)
    xoxo, Márcia*

    http://inthemoonlightshadow.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of her before but love her style! My current favourite fashion icon is Rachel Bilson (love her style in Hart of Dixie- I suppose I should say then I like Zoey Hart's style) :)
    Since I can't follow via gfc anymore, I added you on g+ (#39). xx

    Maja
    http://modern-muffin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll check out your blog now :) xx

      Delete
  11. OMG! I love her!
    I'm so glad someone else likes her too. She totally rocks that fashion meter. :D
    -Ru
    Glitter And Blush
    [If you would like to show support by following each other, let me know? :)]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check out your blog now, thank you! :) xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read and reply to them all and I really appreciate your kind words! Feel free to leave your own blog link in your comment and I'll definitely check it out xx