Friday, 14 March 2014

February Favourites


L-R (top to bottom): Tigi Bed Head Glaze Haze Smoothing Serum - Feel Unique, Alice + Eliza Cherry Blossom Hand Cream - Marks & Spencers, Astor Soft Sensation Lip Butter in Va Va Voom - Astor, The Body Shop Body Butter in Passionfruit - The Body Shop, Garnier Micellar Water - Feel Unique, Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Debenhams 


This post is a bit late as we're well into March now and I was going to film a video with these but I've been so busy with uni work and actual work, I'm struggling to find time to film! So here are my February favourites - better late than never!

I cannot recommend the Tigi Bed Head Glaze Haze Smoothing Serum (what a mouthful!) enough. I got this back in January and have been using it after each hair wash - just a couple of pumps, rub it into my hand then run them through my hair and I've noticed a huge difference. My hair is so much shinier and softer when it's dried and doesn't have a fluffy texture like a lot of post-wash hair. It also smells like toffee sweets which is amazing. It's quite an oily texture and it is pricey at nearly £11 for such a small bottle but you only need a tiny amount each use and is definitely worth the spend!

I got the Alice + Eliza Hand Cream as a Christmas gift and have been loving it. I'm quite picky with hand creams as I hate one's that leave your hands feeling sticky and the cream just doesn't soak in. This one has been amazing though, smells lovely and has left my hands feeling super soft after use.

I'd never heard of the brand, Astor, until I came to Germany but I'm loving this lip butter. It's really nourishing on the lips and is a gorgeous deep red colour. It also smells like sweets, yummy! It was also an absolute bargain at 5/6€.

I'm a big fan of The Body Shop Body Butter but tend to always go for the same one's (mango mainly) so thought I'd try this passionfruit one. If you've never used these body butters, I suggest you give them a try as they're the best out there, in my opinion. They smell amazing and leave your skin feeling soft and hydrated. The Body Shop also offers a huge selection of scents to choose from.

The Garnier Micellar Water is a fairly new product to the UK high street. It's an extremely good dupe for the Bioderma one, which retails at over twice the price of this Garnier one. It's much softer than a toner and doesn't feel harsh on the skin so I'd really recommend this for anyone with sensitive skin! It removes make up and cleanses skin at the same time, leaving it feeling healthy and soft after use.

The Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion isn't a new product for me, I've been using this since I was about 15 but I don't seem to rave about it enough. It's the best eyeshadow primer in my opinion and Urban Decay also do a wide selection of these including an anti aging one. It keeps my eyeshadow on all day and doesn't feel heavy or irritable like some eyeshadow primers. For me, this is a make up bag must.

What have you been loving recently? 

xoxo

12 comments:

  1. I keep seeing this Garnier Cleansing Water everywhere. I haven't seen it in our stores yet but I'm still hoping to set my eyes on it one day. Soon :)
    If you'd like to follow each other (gfc/bloglovin/g+), just let me know. xx

    Maja
    http://modern-muffin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good, I've been loving it! xx

      Delete
  2. Great Blog! I love the style of it
    How are you ?
    visit my
    Blog | Facebook | Bloglovin

    let me know what you think :)

    would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll check it out now :) xx

      Delete
  3. I am absolutely in love with Garnier's Micellar Water, I have to admit - such a good alternative to Bioderma! And I'm with you on Urban Decay's primer potion, too, I don't think I realised how great it was until I stopped using it, for a little while, and my eyeshadow didn't last for nearly as long xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly like me! I've always loved urban decay's primer potion but never really appreciated it properly! xx

      Delete
  4. I really need to try some of these! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, I wanna try the astor lip butter and I liked you review of the smoothing serum, I really need to try it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'd definitely recommend both of them, pleasantly surprised by the Astor lip butter! xx

      Delete
  6. Super blog i love this blog hope you will like my indian movie blog http://guruofmovie.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read and reply to them all and I really appreciate your kind words! Feel free to leave your own blog link in your comment and I'll definitely check it out xx