Sunday, 16 February 2014

High-End Shoe Dupes

So as many of you probably know, high-end shoes come with a massive price tag that is way out of a lot of peoples price range. Hence, the dupe was created. For those that don't know, a dupe is basically a word for a similar looking item which is a lot cheaper than the original. You now may be thinking: but that's just a knock off right? Wrong. A dupe is something that takes inspiration from the original and doesn't completely copy it.

Anyway, now all that technical stuff is out of the way - on to my post. I sat down and chose 5 high-end/luxury shoes and found dupes for every single one. So now you can get the look without the crazy price tag! The shoes I chose range from £90-£695 and the dupes range from £13.99-£50. So without further ado, here they are:


The shoes featured on the left are the Jeffrey Campbell Mulders. These were never actually available in the UK so I got the price off Nasty Gal and did a rough conversion from dollars to pounds, however they could have been priced even higher. The shoes on the right are extremely similar, the only noticeable difference being the laces. These are available for £50 on Boohoo, less than half the price of the originals.

These Charlotte Olympia kitty flats were everywhere in 2013 and the trend just hasn't stopped. However, £485 for a pair of ballet flats is a little steep, especially when you're on a budget! There's dupes of these all over ebay, these ones being only £13.99. They also come in a variety of colours, just like the luxury originals.


The black patent studded Pigalles by Christian Louboutin come in at £695, which is unfortunately out of mine and a lot of other peoples price ranges. These spectacular shoes from Missguided are extremely similar and for a fraction of the price - it's a must! I'm seriously considering buying these until I can afford the originals! The only difference in these shoes is of course, the infamous red sole and the Missguided ones are more of a matte finish.


These Dr Martens and H&M are extremely similar. The Dr Martens are priced at £90 whereas the H&M floral boots are priced at £24.99, making them an absolute steal. The differences here are minor including the colour of the sole and slightly different coloured flowers on each design. However, if you're looking to get the look, the H&M ones are a complete bargain.


The two tone shoe is one of my favourite trends of all time and I'm certainly glad it's here to stay for 2014. The left hand shoes are by Miu Miu and are priced at £460. However, you can get these New Look at ASOS dupes for £19.99. They're very similar as you can see, the differences being the New Look ones have an ankle strap and black heel. However, for the price, you really can't complain.

Of course with dupes, you aren't going to get the same quality as you do with a high-end shoe but if you just want to get the look, I'd definitely recommend the shoes I listed above. So before you go blowing a huge amount on shoes, remember there's always a cheaper alternative in the form of a dupe!

xoxo

22 comments:

  1. I cannot believe how expensive some of those high end brands are.
    You have done so well to find such great dupes.
    Definitely save more then a little bit of money with this!

    www.kindoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's crazy how much shoes can cost! Thank you :) x

      Delete
  2. I buy high-end shoes sometimes but only because i really want one pair of a super comfy shoes lol But the rest depends on my mood and money. Actually Primark provides loads of very trendy pairs too :) And I love shopping at Primark xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I'm not completely against high end shoes haha because you do pay for amazing quality and they're guaranteed to last you longer but sometimes if I can find a dupe, I go for it haha :)

      I agree! I got some gorgeous shoes in Primark the other day for 18 euros, amazing! xx

      Delete
  3. thanks for your post! i especially like the charlotte olympia dupe ;)

    follow for follow? let me know in my blog!
    http://lacestudsglitters.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are really good dupes but the originals look so well made! WAH. If only I were a rich girl...

    Tara xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, I know! If only I could actually afford the originals, specifically a pair of Loubs would be fab! x

      Delete
  5. Hi :)
    i just found your blog now, and i really like it :)
    You have gain a new follower hehehe
    i invite you to visit my little corner, i will put here the link http://free-zing-time.blogspot.pt/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) glad you do!

      I'll check out your blog now! :) x

      Delete
  6. I love this post so much, coz im cheap and cant afford high end xx

    http://stylesamples.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, I love how accessible these dupes are and thanks for taking the time to put this together. I've wanted those Charlotte Olympia ones for a while and LOVE those dupes- they're just as cute :D

    Ruth x

    www.kimkimipie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, thanks so much for your lovely comments :) x

      Delete
  8. this is such a good post! love the black and white heels

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win nearly £150 worth of high-end skincare on my blog, if you fancy entering! click here

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read and reply to them all and I really appreciate your kind words! Feel free to leave your own blog link in your comment and I'll definitely check it out xx