Thursday, 9 January 2014

Review: Urban Decay Shattered Face Case



Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Colour in Lovechild

L-R: Shakedown, Remix, Nameless, Minor Sin, Bleach, 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil in Zero

L-R: Shakedown, Remix, Nameless, Minor Sin and Bleach

L-R: Super Saturated Lip Gloss in Lovechild, Blusher in Overexposed, Blusher in Temper, Highlighter in Glint

L-R: Overexposed, Temper, Glint

Happy New Year! (9 days late, oops). New Year = new blog name and design! Yes, I decided that I wanted my actual name in my url so came up with Hannah Hearts Fashion. I decided to have a couple of weeks off writing over Christmas and New Year as I was spending time at home with friends and family and then came back to Germany almost a week ago and have been slowly getting back into my daily routine! Just some quick news first, I'm now writing for a website called HailStyle and I post there weekly about beauty or fashion related things. I've written a few articles for them already and will definitely be posting weekly as that's my job so be sure to check out HailStyle. It's a great website with latest trends, fashion news and celebrity news.

For Christmas, I got the Urban Decay Shattered Face Case. I'd wanted it for quite a while now as I didn't have a duo palette, with both face and eye make up. It comes with 5 eye shadows, 2 blushers, a highlighter, a lip gloss and the standard black eyeliner pencil. You can see all the contents of the palette in the photos above.

So far I've been really impressed with this palette. All the eye shadows in this palette are new to Urban Decay and the shades range from dark to light with a purple shade thrown in the mix, shimmery to matte and a bit of glitter. For New Years Eve, I actually did a look using all 5 eye shadows, a gradual smokey eye with the purple added in on my outer corners. The eye shadows, as ever, are gorgeous. Urban Decay eye shadows never fail to impress me. My favourite shade from this palette is the medium chocolate brown in the middle on the swatches picture (shade - Nameless). 

The lip gloss is in the shade Lovechild and is a pale barbie pink. It's easy application and I like the idea that it's a gloss on a stick but it's a little sticky and drying on my lips, it's just an average product in my opinion.

The blusher's are lovely and I'm in love with the musky pink colour (Overexposed) and it's become my new favourite blusher. It lasts all day and is very highly pigmented. The other colour (Temper) is a brighter rose pink, I've used it once and again, it's highly pigmented and long lasting. However, I'll probably be saving this one for Summer as it's a very warm colour and most definitely more fitting for Summer weather.

Finally, the highlighter is a light brown shimmery shade. It's a lot different to my usual highlighters which have pink undertones so I was excited to use this. It applies really nice to the forehead, cheeks and chin area. However, when I applied it to my nose, it just didn't look right for some reason. The shade just looked all patchy and out of place so I'll be using this on the areas I mentioned before but most definitely not my nose again!

All in all, I'm loving this palette at the minute and it's super easy to just throw into my handbag as it has everything I need in it to touch up my make up. Would most definitely advise it, a must buy.

You can purchase Urban Decay Shattered Face Case from Debenhams for £30.




2 comments:

  1. Gotta try this out, looks lovely. Btw love the name change! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a handy palette to own, thank you :) xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read and reply to them all and I really appreciate your kind words! Feel free to leave your own blog link in your comment and I'll definitely check it out xx