Monday, 14 October 2013

Lust for Leather

Hey!

As you may know, leather and faux leather are a massive trend at the minute storming the UK high street. It was featured a lot in PFW and LFW and is the ultimate punk look. The leather trend has been seen on many fashionable celebs including RihannaMiley Cyrus and Cara Delevingne. I've loved the leather trend since I was about 16 when I purchased my first faux-leather skirt and I wore it to death! It's remained a favourite fashion frenzy of mine and here are my favourite picks from the AW13 collections the high street has to offer:




Black Perforated PU Peplum Dress - Glamorous
Leather Biker Jacket - Mango through House of Fraser
Strapped Leather-look Bralet - Topshop
Black Wet Look Zip Front Joggers - River Island

Firstly, leather joggers are a huge trend at the minute and are my personal favourite from this small selection of (faux) leather luxuries! If you don't feel confident wearing fitted leather trousers, then these are perfect for you. They're more elasticated so have more give if you're a little bit body confident, like myself, and would go perfect with a dainty pair of strapped heel sandals or closed toe pointed heels. I'll probably put together a look with these joggers later in the week! If you're feeling super fierce and confident, you can team them with the bralet above to create a beautiful faux leather two piece. The leather jacket is a staple wardrobe item for most girls, they're so useful and cosy for this Autumn to Winter weather where it's too mild for a big coat but too cold for a thin cardigan so a leather/faux leather jacket is the perfect solution and they'll last you years, I bought my faux leather jacket from Vero Moda in 2009 and it's still doing me proud to this day! Finally, the faux leather peplum dress is a lovely option for winter night's out, whether it's to a club or even just a bar and the best part is that it's super flattering for all shapes and sizes! Pair it with a killer pair of black heels similar to these or if you're more of a statement shoe girl like myself, try something a little more out there like this.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, I read and reply to them all and I really appreciate your kind words! Feel free to leave your own blog link in your comment and I'll definitely check it out xx